The Riverina Presbytery Education & Discipleship Committee of the Uniting Church in Australia are pleased to offer Lay Preacher training again in 2017 with Educator –
Rev Bronwyn Murphy. Lay Ministry, Education, Discipleship & Rural Ministry, Consultant, Uniting Mission & Education).
Lay Preachers and those in training or leading worship on a regular basis in congregations are encouraged to attend training courses, designed for any member of the church interested in exploring, and also those seeking qualification as a lay preacher in the Synod of NSW & ACT.
- Funeral Training (10th & 11th November 2017 at Narrandera)
- Introduction to Theology (October 7/8 & 28/29).
Details of the Old Testament training to be held over two weekends
- Session 1 – Saturday 17th June & Sunday 18th June 2017 Narrandera
- Session 2 – Saturday 1st July & Sunday 2nd July 2017 Leeton
Educator – Rev Bronwyn Murphy Lay Ministry, Education, Discipleship & Rural Ministry, Consultant, Uniting Mission & Education)
Cost $250 per person for four full days of training (includes: course materials, morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea on each day – pre reading materials will be forwarded to you by email following registration & payment )
Participants own cost:
- Boadt, Lawrence. Reading the Old Testament: An introduction. 2nd edition, New York: Paulist Press. 2012 $27.00 book depository
- Fee, Gordon & Stuart, David. How to read the Bible for all its worth. 3rd edition. Grand Rapids: Zondervan. 2005 $17 book depository
- Optional helpful: Pat Alexander, Lion Handbook to the Bible: 4th edition. $18. Koorong is cheapest
Course Contact – Info and questions – Wendy Frazier, 0427423101,
Registrar – Neena Evans, “Springhope” 276 Caringa Rd, Grong Grong NSW 2652
Exploring the Old Testament Downloadable flyer and application form in .pdf format.